- They stretch my brain - no matter what topic I'm searching for there is a 6 to 18 minute talk that gives me something to think about.
- TED talks can present a topic in a new light that helps me understand that topic better.
- The talks can be funny, awe inducing, inspiring, thought provoking, heart breaking - sometimes all in the same talk.
- The TED Radio Hour on National Public Radio has gotten me thru many a late night Sunday drive home from my daughter's all day volleyball tournaments. Just the sound of Guy Raz's voice can bring back a flood of memories from those tourneys!
- Volunteering at the TEDx Fargo event in 2015 (read my blog post about the experience) was hands down one of the most profound experiences of my life (Nathan Clark, Chief Marshmallow Agent, anyone?)
- I'm inspired by Samantha Nienow of Red Zest Design who does fantastic slide deck work for TEDx presenters all over the world - watching her work is amazing, and I'm honored to be Co-Organizing the TEDx Bemidji event with her.
I'd like to share some of my favorite talks with you - which is why I'm now sharing "TED Talk Tuesdays", where I'll be posting on Facebook and Twitter a talk that has moved me in some way. I'd love to hear your favorites as well, and share them with the world!