- Mesh laundry bag - This is perfect for stowing your flip-flips, beach toys, water shoes, or anything else that grabs the sand. The mesh lets the items breathe (and dry), and before you haul that bag into the house you can give it a few good shakes to leave the sand where it belongs (anywhere but the house!). Hang the bag on a peg in the closet or entry way and you're ready for the next beach adventure. *Hint: Small mesh lingerie laundry bags work great for just a pair of beach shoes if you have the luxury of spending the day on the sand solo.
- Baby powder - Want an easy fix for all that sand that's trying to hitchhike home with you? Take baby powder and rub a little on your legs and feet before getting back into the car. Something magical about the powder makes brushing away the sand super easy.
- Umbrella - These aren't just for providing you with a little shade - they are important for your "things" as well. Keep items like your cell phone cooler by securely staking an umbrella over your beach bag. The bonus is that if your items are stored under an umbrella, they're harder for people with bad intentions to grab & go.
- Make-up bag - Those plastic make-up bags you sometimes get as add-ons from the make-up counter? These are perfect for storing things like your sunblock in case it spills, or smaller ones for keys and phones to help keep out the sand.
- Plastic bin - Keep your backseat or trunk clean by leaving a plastic bin, such as a shallow tote, where you can stow all of the items above when you're done at the beach.
What is your "go-to" item for making your trip to the shore mess and stress free?